This is a tutorial on how to edit Skyla Designs premade logos in Photoshop & Illustrator.
DOWNLOAD & UNZIP
Download all files onto your computer and unzip them with a program like WinZip, WinRAR or Stuffit Expander.
- Before you install your fonts, close all programs that are open. If you skip this step the font might not appear in the program you are working in.
- Download the fonts from the ‘font links’ file and locate the font files on your computer. Double-click the font file and a preview of the font will pop-up. Click ‘install’.
- You can now reopen any programs you were working in.
VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO INSTALL FONTS http://bit.ly/video_install_fonts
HOW TO EDIT YOUR PREMADE LOGO IN PHOTOSHOP
- Open the .psd file and select the text tool. Go to your layers panel and select the layer you wish and change the text.
- Double-click on the right side of your layer to change the color of your shape or text. In the pop-up, select ‘color overlay’ and change the color and click ‘ok’.
- Save your logo for print: Go to > File > Save as > and select PSD (for layered file) or JPG (for file without layers) and click save.
- Save your logo for web: Go to > Save for web > and select JPG (white background) or PNG (for transparent background) and click save.
COMMON PHOTOSHOP ERROR
Error message ‘Photoshop document is unsupported’
Solution 1 The file might be corrupted, try downloading the file once more. If you have slow internet connection please give it some time.
Solution 2 Open the file directly via Photoshop instead of double-clicking on it. Go to Photoshop > File > Open and select the document.
Solution 3 Open a new Photoshop file of 2500×2500, 300dpi RGB, and place the corrupted file into the new one.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR PREMADE LOGO IN ILLUSTRATOR
- Open the .eps file and select the text tool (T) to change your text.
- Go to the selection tool (V) and select the shape or text you wish to change the color of. Go to > Window > Color, and change the color there.
- Save your logo for print: Go to > File > Save as > and select PDF, and click save.
- Save your logo for web: Go to > File > Export > and select JPG (white background) or PNG (for transparent background) and click save.
VIDEO TUTORIAL HOW TO EDIT PREMADE LOGO http://bit.ly/video_edit_premade_logos