In 2016 I opened up a Creative Market shop to sell my designs and also joined their affiliate partner program. Within a year I earned a whopping $10,000 and I wanted to share with you how I did it.
This is a tutorial on how to access the font swashes and alternates. Watch the video or keep reading below. If you need help installing your font click here
If you need help installing fonts, watch the video or read the instructions below. The fonts used in the video can be found in my shop.
Close all programs
Before you install your font, close all programs that are open. If you skip this step the font might not appear in the program you are working in.
Install font for Mac
– Once you have downloaded the font you will have to unzip it with a program like WinZip or Stuffit Expander. Double-click the file to unzip it.
– Double-click the font file and a pop-up will open with a preview of the font. Click ‘install font’ at the bottom of the preview.
Install font for PC
– Once you have downloaded the font you will have to unzip it with a program like WinRAR or WinZip. Double-click the zip file to unzip it.
– Double-click the font file and a preview of the font will pop-up. Click ‘install’ at the top of the preview.
How to access font swashes and extra’s
Some fonts have extra swashes and alternate glyphs that can be accessed with a glyph panel. Click here to read more about accessing the extras.
Tip for MS Word Users: Be sure to have ‘kerning for fonts’ enabled for proper letter spacing. Click here to read more about kerning in Word.
How to make money while you sleep with affiliate links from partner program Creative Market.
So let me start off by saying, of course you will have to put in the hard work during the day, but in the long run it will pay off and you will be able to make money while you sleep. I love waking up in the morning and seeing what all that hard work has brought in.
Here’s how it all started. In 2016 I opened up my Creative Market shop and also joined their partner program.
By joining the partner program you will earn 10% of every purchase for an entire year from all new customers you refer to Creative Market. So I did just that. I started sharing products I love a couple times a week on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and here on my blog.
After a while more and more people clicked on my links and after just a couple of weeks I started making sales. Sounds too good to be true right? Well believe it, it’s true. Below you will find an overview of how long it took to start making sales and the amount of followers I had at the time.
Kerning is the letter spacing between two individual letters. By default Microsoft Word has this feature turned off and this might make some of your words look a little off.
Here’s how to turn on the kerning feature in Word. I am using my font Willow Bloom as an example.
1. Select the text you want to kern. Click ctrl+D or click on the little arrow to the bottom right in the font settings. Word will open up the Font dialog box.
2. Check the box next to ‘kerning for fonts’
3. Click ‘ok’ and you’re done!