This is a tutorial on how to edit Skyla Designs premade logos in Photoshop & Illustrator.
DOWNLOAD & UNZIP
Download all files onto your computer and unzip them with a program like WinZip, WinRAR or Stuffit Expander.
- Before you install your fonts, close all programs that are open. If you skip this step the font might not appear in the program you are working in.
- Download the fonts from the ‘font links’ file and locate the font files on your computer. Double-click the font file and a preview of the font will pop-up. Click ‘install’.
- You can now reopen any programs you were working in.
VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO INSTALL FONTS http://bit.ly/video_install_fonts
HOW TO EDIT YOUR PREMADE LOGO IN PHOTOSHOP
- Open the .psd file and select the text tool. Go to your layers panel and select the layer you wish and change the text.
- Double-click on the right side of your layer to change the color of your shape or text. In the pop-up, select ‘color overlay’ and change the color and click ‘ok’.
- Save your logo for print: Go to > File > Save as > and select PSD (for layered file) or JPG (for file without layers) and click save.
- Save your logo for web: Go to > Save for web > and select JPG (white background) or PNG (for transparent background) and click save.
COMMON PHOTOSHOP ERROR
Error message ‘Photoshop document is unsupported’
Solution 1 The file might be corrupted, try downloading the file once more. If you have slow internet connection please give it some time.
Solution 2 Open the file directly via Photoshop instead of double-clicking on it. Go to Photoshop > File > Open and select the document.
Solution 3 Open a new Photoshop file of 2500×2500, 300dpi RGB, and place the corrupted file into the new one.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR PREMADE LOGO IN ILLUSTRATOR
- Open the .eps file and select the text tool (T) to change your text.
- Go to the selection tool (V) and select the shape or text you wish to change the color of. Go to > Window > Color, and change the color there.
- Save your logo for print: Go to > File > Save as > and select PDF, and click save.
- Save your logo for web: Go to > File > Export > and select JPG (white background) or PNG (for transparent background) and click save.
VIDEO TUTORIAL HOW TO EDIT PREMADE LOGO http://bit.ly/video_edit_premade_logos
Here’s a free Halloween SVG for you!
You can use this freebie for personal projects but please don’t use for commercial projects, resell, redistribute or use the original files as freebies or giveaways.
If you are looking to buy the whole set of Halloween SVG’s? You can find more here.
All of my SVG Designs can be found on www.skyladesign.etsy.com